Basic Jewelry Care and Storage
Keep your shiny jewelry shiny!
Tulipan Jewelery jewelry is made from the finest metals and semiprecious stones from around the world and, as such, require equally excellent care. Please follow these care instructions to keep your jewelry durable and make sure you get the most out of your purchase!
Jewelry is designed for years to come, but all precious jewelry will naturally fade and look dull if proper care is not taken.
Your jewelry will age and fade naturally, so if you want to keep your items in their original form, follow these guidelines for use, care and storage.
# 1 Jewelry should be the last thing you put on before leaving home.
- Try to minimize bumps, scratches, contact with chemicals, sunlight and heat / cold.
- Take off jewelry while taking a shower or bathing, on the beach, in the sea and in chlorinated water.
- Avoid wearing jewelry while doing physical work such as housekeeping, gardening, or exercise.
- Do not expose jewelry to household cleaners, especially bleaches and highly active solutions.
- Avoid spraying perfume, hairspray on gemstones or pearls, as this compromises the integrity of the material.
- Put on jewelry after applying makeup, creams to avoid residue from entering the texture of the gem.
- Any residue dulls the luster of your ring.
- Keep away from extreme temperatures and humidity. Do not expose jewelry to sudden changes in temperature.
- Check the locks more often.
- Some bracelets and rings are made adjustable, but they must be handled with care. Even the highest quality materials can break or break if handled aggressively. When bending or adjusting each part, make sure that you do not apply too much force. These parts are made durable, but cannot withstand extreme bends, forces, or rough handling.
Jewelry naturally dims when exposed to sweat, chlorine, moisture, and other strong chemicals. Cosmetics, such as lotions, creams, and fragrances, can also negatively affect the decoration of your silver jewelry. Like other precious metals, silver occasionally requires refining. Keep in mind dullness can also occur as a result of oxidation caused by the interaction of jewelry with a silver or gold coating with certain elements, such as oxygen or sulfur, as well as with certain acids.
Proper storage is just as important as proper use.
to fulfill this purpose, each Tulipan Jewelry jewel comes with a free storage box and a polishing cloth.
- When not in use, we recommend that you always keep your jewelry dry and store it in a box or in any airtight container with a proper lining to avoid scratches. /span>
- For proper preservation, it is advisable to store the products individually in the original cases, as they are prepared to protect your jewelry.
- Try to keep the products separate from each other so that they do not touch.
- Try to keep the chains closed and placed flat to avoid knot formation.
- Keep silver jewelry away from harsh chemicals, such as household cleaners, as they create abrasions and reduce the sheen of metal.
Basic jewelry cleaning
- Clean your jewelry regularly. Using a soft, lint-free fabric is an effective way to give jewelry made of silver, yellow and pink gold shiny and shiny jewelry. Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean the metal, as they can cause scratches.
- In case of very severe contamination of the product, we recommend using professional products for the home or really.
How to clean more soiled items
- Immerse the jewelry for a few minutes in warm, soapy water.
- Make sure it is pH neutral soap.
- Wipe them with a cotton swab or gently with a soft toothbrush.
- Rinse them gently with warm water.
- Then wipe them with suede leather or a soft cloth. Dry them thoroughly after exposure to water. Not three in a circular motion, as this can scratch the surface of your jewelry.
For very faded jewelry, you can use specially designed for cleaning cloth. More details on 7 proven methods for cleaning silver, you can find jewelry in our article “How to clean silver at home?”, as well as “Why do silver jewelry tarnish?” or in more detail about “How to clean gold?”.
Material Based Jewelry Care
Naturally, silver is strong and hardy in conditions of sweat, water, rain or any everyday activities. But in order to maintain its original cruelty and prevent faster natural dimming, the following rules must be followed:
- Polish your sterling silver jewelry with a soft cotton, flannel fabric, and a special polishing cloth for silver.
- You can use a very soft bristle brush, for example, a children's toothbrush or a silver horsehair brush.
- Remember, silver is a very soft metal, and you can scratch it if you are not careful, so not three of it is too intense.
Paper, polyester, and coarse fabrics often have fiberglass or synthetic materials which will leave little scratches on the surface of your silver jewel. Remnants of previous cleaning may also improve the surface of your silver jewelry. Dirt left over from previous cleanings can also scratch the surface.
We recommend that you do not often use special tools to remove oxidation from silver jewelry, as they, along with pollution, will remove a thin layer of silver and leave microscopic pits that make your items darken faster. Instead, focus on preventative care.
Buy silver jewellery
- Gold care is identical to silver care.
- Keep your gold jewelry away from harsh chemicals, such as household cleaners, as they create abrasions and reduce the sheen of metal.
- Gently wipe your jewelry with a soft cloth after wearing to keep it clean.
- To clean gold jewelry, it is best to use warm water and washing powder: take a small bowl, put it in aluminum foil, add hot water and a tablespoon of washing powder (not liquid and not with bleach) and mix until the powder dissolves. Place the jewelry in the solution for about 1 minute. Rinse with clean water and air dry. If dirt accumulates in hard-to-reach places, you can add a little dishwashing liquid to a bowl of water and soak overnight.
Buy gold jewellery
Rhodium-plated silver care
Rhodium-plated jewelry features a thin layer of metal on top of alloy or gold and offers it a shiny and bright finish.
- Pure rhodium-plated silver with warm water and a mild liquid soap (such as dishwashing soap).
- Rinse immediately and dry thoroughly with a soft cloth.
In order not to remove rhodium shine from the product:
- Never use chemicals to clean rhodium coatings.
- Never use toothpaste and toothbrush to clean plated jewelry.
- Do not use special impregnated polishing cloths for silver.
Precious Metal Plated Jewelry Care
Gold-plated jewelry has a thin layer of karat gold on top of silver, copper or steel. It can also be a platinum plated.
Like silver jewelry without plating, coated jewelry should avoid negative influences that could ruin the finish of your jewelry. Follow our recommendations for use and storage written at the beginning of this article.
To no quickly discolor the coating, you need to clean it using the following instructions:
- Use non-abrasive cleaning materials. If the cleaning agent is too strong, it can remove gold, platinum or rhodium.
- Using a polishing cloth or strong jewelry cleaner is not recommended. A special impregnated polishing cloth can be used to remove oxidized dullness, but not three intensely, as this can lead to abrasion of such coatings.
- Do not use jewelry cleaners.
- It is best to use warm water and soap (not antibacterial) to clean gilt and platinum-covered jewelry.
How to clean plated jewelry:
- Soak it for 10 minutes and no more than 15 minutes. Use warm water (not hot).
- Use your fingers to gently rub the jewelry. Use a very soft toothbrush to get into hard to reach places.
- Wash all soap with warm water.
- Rinse immediately.
- Put the jewelry on a soft cloth. .
- Gently pat dry and leave to air dry overnight.
Take your plated jewelry to a local jeweler, where it can replace a layer of gold. This may be necessary if the gilding has already begun to wear out.
Buy gold-plated Jewelry
Gemstone Jewelry Care
Gemstones are literally hard as stones, you can buy them damaging due to careless handling and carelessness. Even the hardest grade of gemstones can be vulnerable to destruction if it contains inclusions that weaken the crystal structure.
All gemstones have different hardness. Depending on the gemstone, some may be more sensitive to scratches. Diamond is the strongest, accompanied by sapphire, ruby. If a slight scratch occurs, it can be polished in most cases. The hardness of gemstones is classified on the Mohs scale. Learn more about diamond, moissanite and cubic zircon.
Here are some tips on how to preserve your gems and jewelry for years to come.
- Since many gemstones are quite delicate, hot water, harsh chemicals and cleaning products should always be avoided unless special safe products are used.
- We recommend that you clean your gems with a clean, soft, damp cloth after wearing.
- Very porous stones, like turquoise and emeralds, should only be cleaned with an untreated, dry, soft cloth. Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean the gemstones, as they may scratch your item.
- If you have a set of rings with a softer variety of gems or with a gem turned on, take it off before strenuous exercise. Even the hardest of them, a diamond, can break with one successful blow.
- Never remove the rings by pulling the stone: this habit can lead to the loss of a gem.
- Keep each gem separate so that harder stones do not scratch softer ones, and also, almost every gem is much stronger than the metal in which it is installed. Gemstones can scratch the coating on your gold, silver or platinum if you throw your jewelry during your jewelry in a heap into jewelry box. Regularly check the parameters and stone fixing at the jeweler to avoid the loss of precious stones, since the stone fixing is delicate and can move.
- Rings tend to collect dust and soap behind the gem, especially if they are often worn. To make the stone shine, you need to clean it regularly.
- Gemstones should be cleaned with warm water, an ammonia-based detergent. Gemstones should be cleaned with warm water and ammonia. To clean transparent crystalline gemstones, simply immerse them in water with a light soapy solution. Use a bowl of water. If it necessary, use a soft toothbrush to clean behind the stone. Rinse off the soap and pat dry with a lint-free cloth (you must make sure that the threads do not catch on the teeth).
- Not all gems can be cleaned with an ultrasonic cleaner.
Organic gems such as pearls, coral and amber should only be wiped with a damp cloth. Due to their organic nature, these gemstones are both soft and porous.
Opals also require special care. Never use ultrasound, never use ammonia, avoid heat and bright light.
Opaque gemstones, such as lapis lazuli, turquoise, malachite, require special attention, because they are stones, and not crystals of the same mineral, like transparent gemstones. These precious materials should be carefully wiped with a damp cloth. These gemstones is porous and might absorb chemicals, even soap, which they will accumulate inside the stone and discolor it. Never use an ultrasonic cleaner, ammonia or other chemical solution.
Buy gemstones jewelry
Cubic Zirconia Care
Protect your cubic zirconia crystals and jewelry from scratches or chips, avoiding hard knocks on hard surfaces. Cubic zirconia has a fairly high hardness, so it can be cleaned using several methods.
- Like diamond, cubic zirconia can be cleaned with warm water and a mild soap. Use a soft toothbrush to clean hard to reach place.
- Using a kettle or any other method that produces steam, keep your jewelry directly above the steam stream to loosen the dirt. Gloves, tongs should be used to avoid burns. After steaming, use a polishing cloth to dry the jewelry. Not three in a circular motion, as this can scratch the surface of your jewelry.
- CZ can be cleaned with an ultrasonic cleaner. These devices are inexpensive and it is logical to have them if you have a lot of jewelry with cubic zirconium, moissanite or diamonds.
- You can also use a special cleaner for jewelry to remove dirt and dust from zirconium.
Buy CZ jewelry
Уход за жемчугом
Жемчуг очень мягкий и требует особого ухода и внимания. Жемчуг может быть поврежден химическими веществами, кислотами и теплом.
- Нужно хранить жемчуг в шкатулке для драгоценностей отдельно от других украшений, так как шкатулка и другие украшения могут повредить жемчуг, поцарапав его.
- Держите свою жемчужину в оригинальной упаковке с подкладкой из из ткани или мешочке из ткани.
- Всегда снимай жемчуг, прежде чем пользоваться какой-либо косметикой, лаком для волос или парфюмерией, избегайте жары и сухого воздуха, потому что оба могут привести к тому, что жемчуг станет коричневым, высохнет и треснет.
- Жемчуг следует протирать мягкой тканью после каждого ношения, так как кожа выделяет кислоты, которые могут повредить жемчуг, в результате чего она теряет свой блеск. Натирание влажной или сухой мягкой тканью предотвратит накопление грязи и предотвратит вымывание пота, слегка кислого, в перламутре. Вы также можете использовать каплю оливкового масла на чистящей ткани, чтобы сохранить блеск жемчуга.
- Используйте только чистящие средства для ювелирных изделий, которые четко обозначены как безопасные для жемчуга.
- Не используй: ультразвуковые чистящие средства, моющие средства для посуды или мытья, отбеливатели, пищевую соду или моющие средства на основе аммиака, зубные щетки или другие абразивные материалы.
Для металлических деталей твоей драгоценности следуй инструкциям, приведенным выше.
Купить изделия из жемчуга
Stainless Steel Care
Stainless steel jewelry does not rust, but may fade over time. Steel jewelry does not tarnish as fast as silver, but the tarnishing rate depends on how it is used. As with any jewelry, it is best to avoid contact with chemicals (lotions, chlorine from pools, etc.) so that they stay clean longer.
Steel jewelry is straightforward to clean: use a liquid dish detergent (add 3 drops to a cup of warm water) and wipe it with a soft cloth. Steel jewelry is very durable and can withstand heavy wear, unlike silver, which is a very soft metal.
Buy stainless steel jewelry
Enamel Jewelry Care
Enamel can also be scratched or damaged when struck, so avoid strong impacts on hard surfaces.
To clean the enamel part, soak this part in warm soapy water for 5-10 minutes. Use a soft cloth, gently wiping the enamel to remove visible particles of contamination. Clean the product and dry it with a lint-free cloth.
For the metal parts of your jewelry, follow the instructions above.
If your enamel jewelry is damaged, please take it to a jeweler or artist who specializes in enamel.
Care for jewelry ceramics.
Ceramics is a strong and durable material. This suggests that jewelry will look great for many years, subject to the most basic rules of care.
- Put them on after you complete all the beauty procedures: apply cream or lotion on your hands, neck, décolleté, aroma and fix the hairdo with varnish. These products will not spoil the ceramics, but form a film on its surface, which will make the decoration dull and nondescript, after which it will have to be cleaned.
- With care, use powders, pastes and gels for washing and cleaning. Such aggressive chemicals can damage the top layer of ceramic or discolor it.
- To clean the jewelry, simply wipe the items with a damp cloth and then dry them with a microfiber cloth or a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Ceramic jewelry should be stored in a separate cell in the box so that they do not touch each other.
- High temperatures and chemicals can damage and discolor the upper protective layer of jewelry ceramics.
- Take care to subject ceramic jewelry to no bump - this can lead to chips.
Buy ceramic jewelry
Swarovski Crystal Care
- Jewels with Swarovski crystal inserts should be cleaned with a very soft brush in water (you can use a washing solution or a detergent for dishes).
- Do not brush them with toothpaste, because their smallest particles can leave scratches on them.
- Although basic cleaning can be done at home, we recommend professionally cleaning and checking your jewelry every 6 months.
- We are not responsible for how you wear your jewelry. Scratches and bumps are part of the usual signs of everyday wear.
- We do not work with stock, each product must go through the production process. That is why we kindly ask customers to avoid shopping to compare and only request the item you really like by carefully checking the size of your desired garment before requesting.
- On our website you find very detailed recommendations such as finding out your ideal size for rings, size for bracelets and bangles and size for necklaces.
- Multi-item orders for a comparison purchase are likely to be canceled prior to the production process.
At Tulipan Jewelry, we offer a wide selection of styles and collections of gold and silver jewelry that you will definitely enjoy. We sincerely hope that articles on how to choose the correct ring size, necklace size or bracelet size and on the care of jewelry metals and
All texts, photographs, video materials and graphic elements published on the website are informative and / or advisory in nature and do not constitute recommendations for financial transactions, medical procedures, or any other actions that the user can take. Website tulipanjeweltystore.com is not responsible for the actions of the user, regardless of its reasons.